Refrigeration and HVAC systems have come to rely a great deal on Copeland compressors. The Copeland brand has been manufacturing compressors for the last century and has maintained a renowned status in the industry. Copeland compressors are reliable and have also become a mainstay in refrigeration.
Reciprocating Semi-Hermetic Compressor Benefits
- Many manufacturers claim to produce reliable compressors. However, Copeland takes the proper measures to ensure reliability. All the compressors are multi-refrigerant approved ranging from ¼ HP to 70HP.
- The S – Series includes models 2S, 3S, 4S, 6S and 8S. It is suction gas-cooled and ranges from 5 hp to 70 hp. It uses reed valve technology and offers cost-effective solutions.
- The Discus™ series includes models 2D, 3D, 4D, 6D and 8D and ranges from 4 hp to 60 hp. Its optimized Discus™ valve plate design provides the highest energy efficiency.
- These semi-hermetic reciprocating compressors provide perfect alternatives for systems requiring full temperature range performance including low temperature evaporating conditions to 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Commercial HVAC and refrigeration run smoother and quieter with a Copeland compressor as the bearings are optimized for low sound and vibration. Horsepower can reach up to 15 on commercial refrigeration single-unit compressors and that can extend up to 70 on commercial AC units.
- There is a host of state-of-the-art electronic components within Copeland compressors. Advanced technology has been infused with these compressors, which makes it simpler to identify issues. The ease of diagnosis allows contractors and technicians to identify and also prevent any failures to the system.
Copeland Tandem Option:
Two compressors of equal displacement are assembled on two U-type rails. Compared to a single compressor arrangement, this results in doubled cooling capacity and enhanced part load capability.
Copeland’s improved reliability:
All compressors are designed to provide the best reliability possible. Key features are:
- Positive displacement high flow oil pump guarantees high oil feeding pressure for good lubrication and bearings’ cooling
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) coated bearings for especially low friction and good protection at start up
- Aluminum piston with optimized geometry for good performance and reliability (liquid handling)
- High temperature resistant Molybdenum piston rings preventing from wear
- Optimized bearing surface dimension
- Stronger forged crankshaft above displacement of 105 m3/h
- Valve reeds of impact resistant spring steel (S-series)
- Discharge valve made in special peek material with high carbon fiber concentration (Discus® series)
- Pre-set internal pressure relief valve between suction and discharge that opens if the maximum differential pressure is exceeded
- Electronic module for motor protection
If you do not see your compressor model number, please contact us.